I’m no good at sticking with the Wheat Belly diet with the exception of keeping grain out of my diet, and by default, milk, simply because even grass based, organic, real milk doesn’t agree with me and i’m not going to buy almond or coconut milk. But i do keep this ‘granola’ made up and stored in a Ziploc Bag in the freezer – just dipping out about 1/4 cup for brecky most mornings and usually eat without milk, but sometimes 1/2 sliced organic banana. Most of my organic nuts and seeds come from Food To Live which can be ordered directly from their website or some are available through Wal-Mart online ordering.
My version of Wheat Belly‘s Apricot Ginger “Granola”
- 5 dried or apricots or more likely i use prunes
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla (Mexican pure)
- 2 cups raw sunflower seeds
- 2 cups raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup chopped raw pecans
- 1 cup chopped raw almonds (these aren’t available in the US; mine come from Italy)
- 2 cups unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
NO SWEETENER (it really doesn’t need it, but you can always drizzle a bit of pure local honey on top, then eat with a spoon).