Great recipe for using up my 5 lbs of powdered buttermilk, serve with local butter and maple syrup. yummy!! from Completely Delicious
Easily make homemade pancakes whenever the mood strikes! One batch of pancakes make 10 4-inch pancakes.
- 6 cups (720 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup (300 grams) powdered buttermilk
- 1/3 cup (65 grams) granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 3 teaspoons salt
TO MAKE A BATCH OF PANCAKES:
- 1 1/3 cup ( grams) pancake mix, above
- 1 cup (250 ml) water
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
TO MAKE THE PANCAKE MIX:
- In a large bowl, whisk together all of the pancake mix ingredients. Store in an airtight container for up to several months.
TO MAKE PANCAKES:
- Combine 1 1/3 cup of the pancake mix with the water, egg, butter or oil, and vanilla (if using).
- Drop by 1/4 cup-full into a greased hot skillet set over medium heat. Cook until edges appear dry and bubbles appear on the surface, about 2 minute. Flip and cook another 1-2 minutes on the other side.
- Serve immediately as desired, or keep warm in a 200 degree oven until ready to serve.
baking tip:PANCAKE MAKING TIPS
- Starting with room temperature liquid and eggs will prevent the melted butter from solidifying into tiny droplets when you add it to the wet ingredients, OR you can stir in the melted butter at the very end after you’ve combined the wet and dry ingredients.
- Whisk the wet and dry ingredients only until just combined, do not over mix the batter. It’s okay if it’s a little lumpy. This will produce a more tender pancake.
- I prefer to use a cast iron skillet or griddle for pancakes, as it creates a great golden exterior.
- To keep pancakes warm and crisp until you’re ready to serve, place them in a single layer on a sheet pan in a 200 degree oven.
- Pancakes freeze really well! Place a sheet of parchment paper or wax paper in between each pancake inside a ziplock bag or plastic container. Store for up to 1 month. Reheat in the toaster.