So excited to dig in the tubs and find some sweet potatoes! Granted, probably not enough to justify the purchase of slips and certainly doesn’t include my labor, but i still had a harvest and that’s no small thrill for me!
Sweet Potato & Apple Marshmallow Casserole
- 2 large sweet potatoes peeled and sliced ¼ inch thick*
- 3 large apples peeled, cored, and sliced ¼ inch thick*
- 1 cup marshmallows
- ½ cup butter
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch**
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
Assemble the casserole by layering half the potatoes and half the apples, then dot with half the butter and marshmallows. Sprinkle half the mix, then do the layering process again.
Cover with foil and bake in a 375°F oven for 35 minutes.
- *substituting pears and winter squash works great
- ** or tapioca (cassava) starch
From the kitchen of sister-in-law, Shawna Penn and is a staple for the Penn Family Thanksgivings.