Quick read in Rural Missouri magazine on pages 29-31. the Garden
Increase Your Gardening ROI – These 10 veggies off the best payback
Four Season Gardening – How to make your yard interesting year-round.
Seven Worst Gardening Blunders – Avoid these mistakes and improve your success.
George Weigel is a Pennsylvania-based horticulturist, garden consultant, author, and newspaper garden columnist. His website is www.georgeweigel.net
these articles are published in our Rural Missourian Electric Coop magazine with recommendations to contact the University of Missouri extension for gardening tips. Try checking with the extension in your area for more specific info.
Weather is warming up – get crackin’!
Shared from Kit Pharo’s PCC Update 12/31/14
12 Tips for a Positive New Year –
By Jon Gordon
- Stay Positive. You can listen to the cynics and doubters and believe that success is impossible or you can trust that with faith and an optimistic attitude all things are possible.
- Take a morning walk of gratitude. I call it a “Thank You Walk.” It will create a fertile mind ready for success.
- Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a college kid with a maxed out charge card.
- Zoom Focus. Each day when you wake up in the morning ask, “What are the three most important things I need to do today that will help me create the success I desire?” Then tune out all the distractions and focus on these actions.
- Instead of being disappointed about where you are, think optimistically about where you are going.
- Get more sleep. You can’t replace sleep with a double latte.
- Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip, energy vampires, issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control.
- Remember there’s no substitute for hard work.
- Read more books than you did in 2014.
- Focus on “Get to” vs. “Have to.” Each day focus on what you get to do, not what you have to do. Life is a gift not an obligation.
- Smile and laugh more. They are natural anti-depressants.
- Enjoy the ride. You only have one ride through life so make the most of it and enjoy it.